Re: exhaust into electrical

To: refisk@chartermi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust into electrical
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:43:58 EST
Thanks to everyone who helped with the technical and psychological help
getting the exhaust manifold off.  I realize that you are getting sick of
hearing from me, but the DPO really has this car screwed up.  The new headers
are giving me fits, partially because there is a white ground wire coming
from the wire that goes from the battery to the body.  It was "stuck" under a
bracket on the head, when it interfered with the header I tried to just give
it a little shove and it came out from under the bracket, obviously a DPO
took it off something and then just stuck it there.  Does any one have any
idea where the ground from the chassis to the block should be mounted on a
1500 (79) with a weber and (now, I hope) a header?  I don't want to get the
header buttoned down and then find out it should attach somehow to that.  The
connection does not seem to be big enough for one of the exhaust or intake
manifor studs, and not big enough for the head bolt.  The Moss catalog does
not show that wire, nor does the wiring diagram in the various and sundry
manuals that I have. Help!   Thanks in advance.
John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"
Havertown Pa 19083