3.7.1 Differential questions.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 3.7.1 Differential questions.
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 04:01:35 EST
I have the opportunity of buying two 79 rubber bumper midget parts cars.I
gather that this car has the 3.7.1 rear end in it.Question is how do I tell
if indeed I am getting a 3.7.1 rear end? I know what Haynes says but I need
reliable info from those in the know before I sink money into this one. Both
are completely unmolested except for rust on one and both were bought as
project cars years ago by someone who has now lost interest.

I am sort of planning my next project and am thinking of modified 1275 Datsun
5 speed and a 3.7.1 rear end.I know that the 1275 and Datsun 5 speed are a
good combination but will using a 3.7.1 rear end enhance this combination any?

If I find that these have the 3.7.1 rear ends I shall buy them remove them
and the rest of the 2 cars are free to anyone on the list that feels like
coming with a trailer to pick them up.Both engines ran when parked one trans
is supposed to be good the other has a problem with reverse.One car is full
of rust the other is clean as a whistle.One interior is good one is shot.

Both cars are in Oceanside California.The rust bucket can be cut up after it
is stripped for parts to save trailer space.It is way too gone for restoring.

Thanks in advance for any advice it is very much appreciated.   Brandon.