Re: Brake adjuster backplate thread stripped !

To: "Mehr, Louis" <louis.mehr@sonyericsson.com>
Subject: Re: Brake adjuster backplate thread stripped !
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:56:34 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Mehr, Louis" wrote:

> I removed the drums & shoes, removed & checked the adjuster.  The adjuster
>thread looks OK & it will  "bite" into the captive thread when no shoes are in
>place but ony when it is pushed a fair distance into the captive thread.
>(This distance is too great for it to work with the brakes assembled.)

It is hard to strip those nuts since the adjuster should never come out.
Are your wedges OK? Are they there? They do wear.

If it is stripped out, maybe a used backplate or weld in a new nut.
The adjuster screw comes out from inside the brake drum, it will not
come out from the back side. You have to screw it all the way through
the backplate.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ