Re: Side curtains revisited...Sears history

To: Larry McKillip <mckillil@alpena.cc.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Side curtains revisited...Sears history
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:29:17 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sears did indeed sell imported car parts. They were supplied by a rather
large Beck parts store (HNB Auto Parts) located nearby in Chicago. (my desk
that I'm sitting at was Mr. N's desk) In fact, if you look at an old Sears
catalog, and at a similar vintage Beck (Beck/Arnley) catalog, you'll notice
that many times the Sears part numbers are Beck part numbers in
reverse!  The Sears side curtains were most likely Amco.
         HTH  Peter