Re: Dishwasher Not Safe

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dishwasher Not Safe
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:18:16 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/02 9:23:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, JRLNJ@aol.com
writes:

> Don't put aluminum into your dishwasher, unless you have tested the
> detergent's effect (with very hot water) on the aluminum first.  Usually it
>
> oxidizes the surface.
> If your wheels are clear coated, they may be OK.
> Again, I think it's the dish detergent that is the problem.
> How about trying a small amount of carwashing detergent in the machine,
> with
> one wheel for a few minutes?

- - - - - - - - - - -

I was thinking this too.  Overuse of dishwasher detergent causes spots on
aluminum cookware.

I would suggest spraying the wheel with Simple Green, then running it thru
the dishwasher with no detergent.  Don't pour Simple Green (or any other
non-dishwasher detergent) in the dishwasher.  You don't want to create a lot
of suds.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget