Want to buy a good used diff plus a little help form the Chesse heads

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Want to buy a good used diff plus a little help form the Chesse heads
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:19:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/17/02 8:05:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
justincook@yahoo.com writes:

<< Please email me if anyone knows where I might buy a
 good 3.9 or 3.7 (preferred) diff. >>

I may be getting a bunch of stuff from a guy parting out a Midget.
Short of checking the numbers of the casting, is there anyway to know the
rear end ratio in a 1971 Midget?

So far my wish list is
1275, front disc brake assembly, radiator and rear end.
Is there anything else really worthwhile in this car?

I am planning (this is my long range plan) to put this stuff in the Silver
Bugeye I rescued from Wisconsin.

I have a Wisconsin title, which I tried to transfer into my name. New York
State does not title pre 1975 cars. It seems silly to try to register the car
at this point, since I will have to get insurance for it first. Not sure that
I have enough paperwork.
So I thought I could get title only transferred into my name. DMV told me I
have to be a Wisconsin resident. The other problem is that The transfer
section of the title was made out the seller in 1995. The Wisconsin DMV told
me that the seller has to pay the tax first.
Any of you cheese heads want to put title in your name and then transfer it
to me?

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A