Pusher Fuel Pump Sucks: Peter C?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Pusher Fuel Pump Sucks: Peter C?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:52:36 -0500
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:54:35 -0500
From "Peter C." <nosimport at mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump???

Peter:
How about mounting it in the trunk and letting it push through an operating
SU?
Or how about through a disconnected SU?
Does it need an in-line filter upstream of it?
--JohnD
Geoff, these Facet  manufactured pumps are much better pushers than
suckers, and their installation instructions tell you that. However I often
carry one loose with me in my trunk. I use it to transfer gas into, or
occasionally out of, my lawn mower, or some such. When I use it that way,
some times it is sucking over 8 feet and does just fine, so I suspect that
for a non-permanent installation and emergency you would be fine. I
wouldn't permanently mount it anyway.
         Good luck.  Peter
====