Re: Pusher Fuel Pump Sucks: Peter C?

To: John.Deikis@med.va.gov, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pusher Fuel Pump Sucks: Peter C?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:50:49 -0500
John,
         At 08:52 AM 4/19/2002, John.Deikis@med.va.gov wrote:
>Peter:
>How about mounting it in the trunk and letting it push through an operating
>SU?
         I doubt that IF it would work at all, that it would be good for
either pump what with the  probabilities of cavitation and over
pressurization of the low pressure side, and all.

>Or how about through a disconnected SU?

         You'd have to do something about the valves in the SU. You'd
likely need to gut it somehow.
         Why not just install the transistorized version of the SU pump.
The greatest failure of an SU pump has historically been the points
corroding. Cleaning them is the usually maintenance. Whacking the pump is
the temporary cure. A transistor can replace the points quite easily.

>Does it need an in-line filter upstream of it?

         No more so than any other pump.  They're pretty durable.

>--JohnD

Peter C   (how'd I do, Paul;-)
====