Camshaft

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshaft
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:55:30 -0700
In case it wasn't obvious, I'm a weekend mechanic.  The current rebuild is
as much "heavy lifting" as I've done.

In tearing down the 9CG motor on my sprite, I found a broken lobe on the
camshaft.

Not having a lot of money to spend, would it be worth it to, for instance,
get the "Kent 256" cam shift kit from Mini Mania?  Or should I just go with
a stock replacement?  I'm going pretty much stock rebuild, mostly for
price, but I wouldn't object to small improvements here and there!

I'm told the pistons and bores (at +.020) look pretty good and shouldn't
need to be replaced.

Also, Mini Mania (in there ever "shout at me" style) claims you should
always replace the oil pump on a rebuild.  What thinks you?

Thanks.

Chas Douglass