changeover

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: changeover
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:59:41 -0400
I was driving my 67 Sprite on Monday and the tranny wouldn't go into 4th
Got home drained the oil and noticed it was "sparkly".
I caught some on a napkin and looked closely to find brass and steel flecks in
the oil
I pulled the inspection cover off the side of the tranny and felt around inside,
roller bearings and bits everywhere.

I have a spare ribcase that I pulled from a parts car that is in great working
order
I can also lay hands on a RX7 that was crashed in the rear  REALLY CHEAP

I want a fun driver and I'm not worried about originality

Now for the question
spend a Saturday pull and replace ribcase or spend 2 -3 weekends and convert to
rotary and 5 speed?

I know there are some on list who've done the rotary conversion and I'd like
opinions

Tommy
67 Sprite
69 Sprite parts donor