Re: Whiny Rear End

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Whiny Rear End
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:08:00 -0700
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
It's possible the noise you hear is from the differential gears.  When you have
the car off the ground like you stated, often one wheel will spin much faster
than the other and the differential gears will be rotating like mad.  They can
be
noisy in situations like this.  Might be a sign of poor tooth alignment in them
due to worn thrust washers.

Have you tried a 3/8" drive extension to get out the drain or fill plug?  Works
most of the time.

Paul A