new photos and mpeg movies

To: <spridgets-aus@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: new photos and mpeg movies
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:30:41 +1000
Cc: "MidgetSprite List" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Ahsdc@Yahoogroups. Com" <ahsdc@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Some of you may recall my photos from the Rally Tasmania event
in Feb. Well I have added a bunch of additional photos from Peter rice/Sue
Gardiner, Christine and Owen Crombie, and Peter Westcott/Andrew Fox, and
made them easily viewable via a thumbnail table.

http://reality.sgiweb.org/mg/ahsdc/goblins/2002Lactos/rallytasmpgs.htm

I have also made up some in-car mpeg videos from previous Rally
Tasmania events. There are 9 *large* videos - each one from a
different closed road special stage. There are 6 special stages from
Christine and Owen Crombie in their MkII Sprite and 3 from fellow
AHSDC members Steve Schmidt & Ian Maud in their Fiat 124 (they ran Steve's
948cc bugeye in the 1998 event that John Sprinzel also
competed in).

http://reality.sgiweb.org/mg/ahsdc/goblins/2002Lactos/rallytasmpgs.htm

Remember these are beautiful closed (unfamiliar) public roads that
are travelled at close to racetrack speeds!!

These are probably only useful to those with broadband internet access.

I'll investigate streaming video as a possible solution.

I could also produce some relatively short snippets that would be
more useful for those with dialup connections - any interest?

cheers, Mike