Re[2]: Slow cranking

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Slow cranking
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:01:52 -0400
Cc: Bill Miller <millerb@ivwnet.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Frank,

FC> I am wondering if this is the problem with my A40. Slow cranking, new
FC> battery. I thought about the solenoid, maybe years of carbon build up
FC> are making it draw more current  just to crank the starter. Or the
FC> starter itself is bad althought it does work.

Years ago I had a bad starter in an old Dodge.  When I took the
starter out to rebuild the unit, I found that the copper contacts on
the commutator where worn so bad that the were worn into each other.
So instead of 12 different windings I had about 8.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net