CArbs

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: CArbs
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:00:48 -0400
I have always suspected the adjustment on the SUs on the 1275 Midget. I
haven't botheered with them since the car was running decent, but since it's
running bad I fiqured I couldn't screw things up much worse. I haven't
started yet, but here is the reason I am suspicious. If you lift the piston
on the rear carb all the way up, it chokes out the engine. If you do the
same to the front carb, nothing happens. If you increase the throttle and
briefly cover the air inlet on the rear carb, the engine starts to stall. If
you do the same to the front carb, it takes a long time to get a reaction,
and then it's slight. The rear carb also seems to suck air into it's inlet
much stronger than the front carb. Should I adjust, or rebuild then adjust,
or leave them alone?