Re: Front Wheels Turned-In

To: JARplanner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Front Wheels Turned-In
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:38:39 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Check the upper trunnions on the kingpins.  The horizontal pivot goes
on the wheel side of the kingpin, not the spring side.  Maybe some
ASCII art will help:

 WRONG:
shock arm
   \/
----------o| <---upper trunnion
           |  |
           ===| <--hub and wheel
           |  |

==========OH
    /\
Lower arm

 RIGHT:
shock arm
   \/
-----------|o <---upper trunnion
           |  |
           ===| <--hub and wheel
           |  |

    /\
Lower arm

BTDT: And thanks to Eric Jones in Delaware, Ohio for not laughing at
me when I called him wondering what to do.

Chris K.

> For the first time in over 22 years my Bugeye is standing on its own
4 tires
> ! I'm not really that slow - bought it 2 years ago as restoration 3
POs had