Front Wheels Turned-In

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Wheels Turned-In
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 02:24:27 EDT
For the first time in over 22 years my Bugeye is standing on its own 4 tires
! I'm not really that slow - bought it 2 years ago as restoration 3 POs had
given up on. HOWEVER, the front wheels are turned in quite a bit - looks
pigeon toed & knocked-kneed. The entire front suspension & brakes came from a
Sprite Mk2. The tie ball joints were replaced, but I did match their location
on the rods to the old joints, I don't think this is causing the problem.

There is no weight in the front - bonnet, engine, gearbox, etc. are all out.
Someone told that the turn-in would fix itself once weight is added to the
front wheels -pushing them down & outward. Is this correct? How much turn-in
is okay at this point? Anything particular I should check now? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano