Re: Stuck halfshaft

To: Adrian Barnes <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck halfshaft
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:08:18 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, stan@slingshotis.com
It sounds like you snapped an axle. I have snapped a few myself.
If it was the older type, it twisted off inside the diff.
Sometimes it takes large crowbars and a 12 lb sledge hammer to get the
twisted shaft out. (Don't ask how I know this)
To remove the other end, the small broken end, use a long thin dowel or
metal rod and just pop it out from the other side.
A magnetic reach tool will help get it out of the axle housing once you
pop it out of the diff.

Use the crow bars to lever out the twisted half shaft. A little bit on
each side, it will come out.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ