Stuck halfshaft

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g3TL9Ri05859
Subject: Stuck halfshaft
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:14:32 -0400 et>
A guy posted a question on my site that I can't help with, perhaps one of you
would be willing to help him out.  His name is Stan Patey from Rockport, Mass,
and his email is stan@slingshotis.com.

-----
Drive shaft turns but car won't go. I figure my Differential is damaged. With
the car up on jacks turning either wheel or the drive shaft has no effect on
anything else. I was able to remove the right halfshaft but the left one seems
to be jammed. I can only move it out 1/2" from the hub before it stops. I have
tried using wedges but it is quite stubborn and I am wondering if there is an
easier way to get it out. As I pull the left halfshaft and move it out the 1/2"
that it allows me, it engages the differential and I am able to turn the drive
shaft by turning the left hub. No change on the right side. Any suggestions for
getting the halfshaft free or tips on this problem. Thanks
-----

Thanks,
Adrian
http://www.midgetweb.com