Kumho Tires was Spridget Tires

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kumho Tires was Spridget Tires
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:01:00 -0400
I have no idea if Kumho's regular street tire offerings are decent, I for
one like Firestone SZ50EP and Yokohama AVS dB tires on my daily drivers and
Michelin Artic Alpins for the snow.  Kumho's regular street offering are not
in the same league as these tires.

However the Kumho Ecsta V700 is not a regular street offering.  This tire is
a DOT legal competition tire.  Kumho has a pretty strong following among
SCCA racers and Porsche/BMW club racers/track enthusiasts.  It may not be
quite as good as Michelin Pilot Sport tires, but for the money they make
racing a whole lot cheaper and still offer very competitive grip.  Then
again, none of them appear to equal the old BFG TA/R1 in overall
performance.

Another good choice for a street/track tire would be the Toyo Proxes RA1,
they offer a 185/60-13 if you can fit it.  These are gaining a lot of
popularity among track enthusiasts and driver instructors.

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
'64 A-H Sprite