Points problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Points problem
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 23:45:19 -0400
I drove the bugeye 25 miles to work this morning without a hitch. Pulled into
the parking lot and it quit running and would not restart. It would pop and
backfire thru the carbs so I knew I was getting spark so I pulled the dizzy
cap to check the points and the follower (plastic part) that rides on the cam
was melted. Anyone have an explaination as to what would cause this? Now I
have driven about 200+ miles since I got it on the road Tuesday and haven't
had a bit of trouble till this morning. The cam and follower (plastic part)
were greased so it wasn't a friction problem.

Dave
60 Bugeye