Re: Clutch Longevity

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Longevity
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:44:24 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
When was the last time the originality police pulled the transmission in a
concourse judging event to make sure the throw out bearing is carbon and not
a roller?  Some things are just better and the roller throw out bearing
falls into this category.  I've used one before I saw the light and put in
the 5-speed.  It is much easier on a number of components, like the pressure
plate, the thrust bearings, the pivot point for the clutch arm.  They are
smoother, quieter, and last longer.  They put less drag on the engine.  Oh,
and nobody will know it's not stock unless you tell them.