Cat Goes on Rampage, Evicts Owners (NO LBC)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cat Goes on Rampage, Evicts Owners (NO LBC)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:52:25 -0700
Sorry guys, I just could not resist.

Tue May 14, 9:28 AM ET

DARTMOUTH, Nova Scotia (Reuters) - A Canadian family had to flee for safety
after their pet Siamese cat went on a rampage, tearing at clothes and skin
and driving them out of the house, police said on Monday.

The shaken group called police in the eastern port city of Dartmouth after
taking refuge on their lawn on Sunday evening.

"Earlier in the afternoon, the cat had attacked the babysitter," police Sgt.
Don Spicer told Reuters. "The residents went to check on the cat and,
essentially, the cat went crazy on them as well.

"It attacked the father and ripped his pants as well as the flesh
underneath," Spicer said.

It took police officers, armed with a blanket and a clothes hamper, 20
minutes to corner the cat. Spicer said Cocoa the cat was eventually secured
in a pet carrier and handed over to the family who took it to the
veterinarian.

It was not yet known what caused the cat's frenzy.

"We've been called to deal with a snake or various animals for one reason
for another. But this is the first time that I can recall an actual cat
going berserk," Spicer said.

Another police officer said Cocoa was "a Siamese cat with an attitude
problem."

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com