Re: Lug nuts*

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Lug nuts*
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:03:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/02 7:38:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

> Question!  I have seen many references to the fact that the Vega wheels and
> nuts would fit our Spridgets.  Are we talking about the Chevrolet Vega
> here?
> Gerald refers to the Cosworth Vega--is this a style of Chevy Vega, kind of
> like the Shelby Ford Mustang?

My Bugeye is fitted with wheels that my friend and PO tell me came from a
Vega GT, the notoriously rusty Chevy product from the Nixon era.  Alas, I
don't know if the Vega GT and Cosworth Vega were the same because I was just
a little squirt during those years, but it does make me wonder what they were
thinking with the Cosworth Vega.  Wonder how close they came to making a
McLaren Pinto?

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye