Re: Lug nuts*

To: davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lug nuts*
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:36:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/02 2:19:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> During the design phase of the Chevrolet Vega, several power sources were
> considered, including Wankel Rotary, V8, and High output 4 cylinder....<
> snip>...    Cost cutting on materials led to poor rust resistance, and
> brisk engine cylinder wear...<snip>... First only available in black with
> gold wheels, interior trim, and stripes, later model year Cosworth Vegas
> were available in other colors.
>
> Vega models included Base Hatchback, Notchback, and Kamback, GT Hatchback
> and Kamback, and Cosworth Hatchback.  Later Vega engines utilized steel
> cylinder liners to improve engine longevity.  Spin offs of the Vega
> platform
> include the Chevy Monza, Pontiac Astre, and Buick Skylark.  Monza and
> Skylarks were also available with V6 engines from the factory....<snip>...
All this is from memory, may contain some mistakes...>

I think I speak for the entire list when I say that anyone who ever knew or
now remembers this much about one of the most forgettable POS cars in history
is undoubtedly at least flirting with freakishness.

In other words, congratulations!  Please stay away from my house -- don't
want to find you in the garage, feeling my wheels....

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye (w/Vega GT wheels)