thanks for the help aka rookie mistake

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: thanks for the help aka rookie mistake
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:50:44 -0600
I just want to say thanks for all the help on my dwell question.
I found that I had one point set at .030 or so and the other was around
.018.  they should be .022 on a DP Mallory.  I failed to check it when i
installed teh dizzy this past winter (dummy me).  Once I got the dwell in
order the performance seemed to increase some.

The thing that made the greatest impact on performance was when I discovered
today that only the rear carb was opening beyond 1/2 throttle.  Appearently
I didn't tighten the front link down tight enough.  It would open till just
about 1/2 then it would slip.

Now this is how it is supposed to run! She runs like a lil demon now.  I
thought about putting my DCOE in but i'm thinking twice for now.  I can
easily pull a red line in all gears now.  Well I think I can i've pulled up
to 5k or so in all but 4th.  The Kent 276 cam seems to work well.  I also
found that by removing the generator (factory aircleaner) and installing a
better flowing one that she runs better to (duhh that is what all the books
say right??).

Thanks again.

Charlie