nice night for a drive

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: nice night for a drive
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:39:19 -0600
About 10:00pm tonight I decided to take the Midget out for a run.  Oklahoma
is the turnpike capital of America, and the state recently completed a
portion of a loop that will go around OKC.  I live about 20 miles south of
OKC in the quickly disappearing country.  Well at this time this little 4
lane divided highway gets very little use. Plus it is about 3 miles from my
house.   It is a turnpike but they have pike passes that let you fly through
the gate at hwy speed....

Well tonight i'm happy we have the turnpike, it was about 60 degrees little
wind and a clear night with a moon, just me, my MG and a open deserted hilly
winding stretch of 4 lane for me to manuver on.  It was a blast!  I've had
mustangs, and other such cars and they were much faster than my midget.  But
nothing is as much fun as running with the top down at night hearing the
drone of that lil 4 banger through a cherry bomb muffler and the sound of
the air going through the intake running wide open as fast as she will go.
I noticed that in the MG I tend to watch the tach more than the speedo, not
sure why I think i'm more mindful of my engine speed due to the fact that I
can feel and hear it running.  I think my wife thought I went to see a
girlfriend when I walked back in and she was right..she is sitting in the
garage  waiting for another run.  Just thought i'd share my fun 30 minute
run.

Charlie
1969 Midget