Rear spring urethane??

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear spring urethane??
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:56:03 -0400
I am gonna be putting newer rear springs in my Midget shortly. I noticed
that, while perusing the MGOC web site the other day, they have urethane
bushings and spring pads
(http://www.mgocaccessories.co.uk/acatalog/MGOC_Accessories__Handling_26.htm
l).

I have urethane in the front suspension. I like the way they work. I have
never seen them for the rear, until now. Anyone have any experience on
these?

I don't have a race car. They have 2 kinds, fast street and Hi-Perf. I would
go for the fast street.

I believe my only other choices are the plain old rubber from the obvious
sources. And I have a problem with the rubber spring pads. They last, maybe,
a year and then you start to see the car turn on hard acceleration and when
you let off quickly. I have solved this in the past by tightening the
U-Bolts on the springs down to where the rubber spring pads are, really, no
longer of any use. I am thinking that urethane would solve this and still
leave a bit of compliance in the suspension.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Larry

--