Re: quiet day?

To: d.carpenter7@verizon.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: quiet day?
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 11:10:47 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/25/02 9:08:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
d.carpenter7@verizon.net writes:

> Saw a Bugeye at Akron a few years ago with the same 2.2 turbo motor in it.
> Bet
> it'd fly with 145+ HP.

Dave:

That car belonged to my buddy, Tim Roy.  I rode in it and drove it many
times, and it was blazing fast!  2.2 turbo from a Dodge Daytona mated to a
Mazda 5-speed.  He figured it was making about 150 hp -- just a little beast.
 In fact, almost too much power for the car.

I wish I had introduced you to him at the show a few weeks back!  Although he
has since sold the Turbo Bugeye and rebuilt a 62 Corvette, I think he still
has lots of 2.2 T spares and such.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye