Re: [midgetsprite] Magnetic sump plugs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Magnetic sump plugs
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:54:18 EDT
I too have been using these magnetic drain plugs for a bunch of years. I
always feel that I am doing a good thing when I clean the swarf off of the
plug. I find this everytime I change the oil, about as much as half a baby
aspirin. I put as little as 1,000 miles and as much as 3,000 on the TR per
year, and change the oil every fall and spring. The TR has about 10,000 miles
after a rebuild. I am thinking about tapping a hole at the fuel pump blocking
plate and putting second one in the 1275.

I had seen something about the magnetic oil filters, but haven't taken the
plunge yet. I think the idea that RONCO should be selling this is what keeps
me away. Once Purelator comes out with one they will have me. I am already
paying a couple of extra bucks for the PureOne premium brand oil filters for
all the cars. I think I just like the look of the blue metallic filter.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A