Re: Magnetic sump plugs

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Magnetic sump plugs
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:43:34 +0100
Cc: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I started this exchange, questioning the worth of using a magnetic
sump plug. Apart from suggesting that a magnet "in the oil stream" at
or near the filter might be more effective, I also questioned if use
of a magnet might actually magnetise some of those metal particals so
that they would then attach themselves somewhere else where they are
definately not wanted! Using super-strong magnets on the filter could
be going the wrong way!!

Not much discussion (if any) on this part of the theory.

Guy