timing solution, thanks Frank

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: timing solution, thanks Frank
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:14:57 -0700
I'm sure envious of those of you who can get 94 octane gas, but Sunoco has
no stations around that I've seen, so I'm going to have to work with the 91
that is available locally.  While octane boosters may work well, its a pain
in the tailpipe for a daily driver.

I got in touch with "MGCARNUT" with the turbo 1275 Midget in NY, and he has
made a good case for installing the MSD BTM ignition system.  It has a
nipple that is T'd into the boost gauge line.  It monitors boost pressure
and has a cockpit adjustment know that allows one to dial in timing retard
linked to boost pressure.  You can set it to retard as much as 3 deg. per
pound of boost.  A bit costly for a cheapskate like me, but compared to
frequent rebuilding, its a deal.

I'm sure going to get a set of the Bosch 4477 platinum plugs though, they
sound like the hot ticket for trouble free spark.

PS
Thanks Frank, the 1.5 SU is now holding gas in the float tank with a pair of
39 cent faucet washers from the local ACE.   Not shouldered like the
originals, but the car can't seem to tell the difference, and they haven't
swollen and failed yet like the 'proper' ones would have by now.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)