Re: Fw: squeaky front suspension (was introduction...)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: squeaky front suspension (was introduction...)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:51:45 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/02 2:58:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

> > just thinking that the sway bar link is a moulded(with rubber) in place
> ball
> > in socket assembly .   i bet using a lubricant can only lead to
> degeneration
> > of the rubber in the link.   if it's squeaking i bet it's trying to tell
> you
> > it wants to be replaced.  just a thought......
> >
> > chuck.

I've had good luck eliminating such squeaks by nailing them with motorcycle
chain lube in a spray can.  The stuff that's specifically designed for use on
chains with rubber o-rings shouldn't cause the rubber to deteriorate and
hasn't so far on mine.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
91 Honda Nighthawk 750 (with o-ring chain)