Re: Drilled Brake Rotors

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drilled Brake Rotors
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:34:57 -0700
> Been following the thread on improving brakes, and the thoughts on drilled
> rotors in particular.  On the Porsche 944 List, they consider most drilled
> rotors to be just "eye candy," as they usually crack after hard use, like
> track use.

Before they were pronounce "illegal" in the vintage race group I run with, I
purchased a set to use with Porterfield's R4 pads.   They sure looked cool,
but after a half a season, I was checking the pads one day and found a crack
running from one of the outer holes back across the face and halfway up the
"hat".  I wasn't too far from getting a exciting ride.

Don't think I'll ever be tempted again.

Myles