Re: Fuel Gauge Problems Persist

To: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problems Persist
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:39:48 -0700
Dave,

Did you try reading the gauge with the sender out of the tank and seeing
how it responds to you manual movement? That would give you your answer
regarding the gauge. Your tank may be grounded, but is the sender? This is
typically what I've found to be the problem. Sometimes between the paint or
rust and the gasket a poor ground results between the sender itself and the
gas tank.

Gerard