Re: Eek!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eek!
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:59:25 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/02 9:41:15 AM, type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Easy.
Popular judging.
And that's just further proof of how meaningless those little trophies can be.
You either bring lots of beer to give to out or you enter a class that has no
other entrants.

Happens with judged events too.  My REALLY treasured trophy is a first place
in a Sports Car class which I won over an immaculate and beautiful black over
charcoal 100-6.  Third place went to a bugeye just a little older and less
shiny than mine.  All three of us, as well as some other entrants, were
friends and laughed it off.  The neat thing about the three of us winning,
though, was that we beat out a dirty-engine Ferrari that was driven by a real
jerk--who came back after the judging and stormed off the field.  I still
think they got the car numbers wrong, or the judges had a thing for bugeyes.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)