re: Texas v. Philadelphia

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Texas v. Philadelphia
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:01:46 -0400
    While in Law school I had a girlfriend who was from Houston, TX and whose
father and stepmother lived in southeastern Pennsylvania.  If it wasn't for
her, Texas could have been a nice place.  I'll agree about the Shiner Bock and
the Tex-Mex food, but how anyone can confuse that tough stringy horseflesh
with Bar-B-Que is beyond me.  Everyone with any gastronomical sense KNOWS that
Bar-B-Que 1) is made from pork, 2) and comes with three types of sauces a)
vinegar based from western NorthCarolina, b) tomato based from eastern NC &
Jawja or c) mustard based from South Carolina and finally 3) it aint from
Texas.

    One other thing, Austin had a great music scene with some great
songwriters (Lyle Lovett, Nanci Griffith, Townes Van Zandt et al) and I assume
that there still is.  Too bad they don't get airplay on mainstream country
stations rather than the schlock that inundates the airwaves now.

Matt Lawrence