Lead Substitute

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Lead Substitute
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings Spritgeters,

Asking for opinions, experience, thoughts on lead substitute as gasoline
additive.  Specifically an additive brand from CD2,  it comes in a 32oz bottle
with each 1oz. treating 10 gals.  Of course originally the lead added to fuel
aided in octane boost, cut down on pinging and knocks, as well as lubricated
valves and valve seats.  The lead replacement from CD2 boasts the lubricating
values of the old lead additives, but nothing about octane boost.  And is
advertised as for "Off Road Use Only"  (yeah right).  Right now Bobby MG's
engine is running the "soft" seat valve heads and doing very well for her age.
I will be trying the additive for the next few weeks, but with the limited
running time (less than 100 miles per week) I am not sure of the outcome and I
am overly curious to know of others experiences.

T.I.A.  Lon /RedMidget