Re: Lead Substitute

To: Red Midget <redmidget72@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lead Substitute
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 18:31:34 -0400
Cc: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Red Midget wrote:

> Greetings Spritgeters,
>
> Asking for opinions, experience, thoughts on lead substitute as > gasoline
>additive.  Specifically an additive brand from CD2,

BTDT, You might as well just drop a few dollar bills in the tank, they
will do the same thing. Nothing!
As for unleaded gas over the past 20 years or so, I have had no valve
related troubles. My plugs stay cleaner longer as does my oil.
The engine in the Blue Sprite was rebuilt to stock standards in 1983 and
has been running no lead gas since then. I disassembled it in the late
90s, it was still perfect inside. I reassembled it with only new
gaskets. 19 years now since the rebuild and that engine is in the 3rd
body shell.
At first I used the lead additive, then forgot to put it in when I got
gas, soon I forgot to buy it. I never noticed any change good or bad.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ