was size limits, now lights, again

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: was size limits, now lights, again
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
RE:
Yup, not sure if we can let this guy own a spridget.
Next thing you know he is going to ask "Geez what do I
do if the lights don't work?"Go tell him that the the
new mini is a much better car.

Hey that's not funny.I have been working on those
lights for months. The newest wrinkle is hooking up
new grounds. Someone on the list said that their
father showed them how to run a ground wire all the
way around the inside of the car.

That's what I did, today. Hooked one end to the
battery neg. terminal. The other end to the ground
spot in the trunk/boot/turtle(that's an old
one)/whatever.

I then connected the headlight grounds(right and left)
and tail light mountings (right an left) to the
ground, as well as keeping the old ground connections.
Connected the ground wires to the "loop" by removing
3/4 inch of insulation from the loop and folding it
and, using a waterproof twist connector, connected the
new ground.

Taaa, daaaa? Nope!

Still both high and low filaments light up when on
high beam or low beam. and the new high beam
indicator(hooked only on the hi beam circuit) lights
up for high and low.

Plan "D", or is that plan "Z:"

Using the diagram at Stern Lighting:
http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/

I may have to ditch the standard(albeit highly
modified) spridget wiring system and go with relays.

arrrrrgh, bill b., '69 Sprite.

Getting there is half the fun.
http://health.yahoo.com