Re: was size limits, now lights, again

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was size limits, now lights, again
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:14:44 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Paul A. wrote:
> Take a good look at the connections for the
> headlights at the dimmer switch.
> With an ohm meter...
> There's no telling what has been done downstream

Unfortunately the DPO muddied the stream and I stepped
in it.

 Went out this morning, a beautiful Panhandle morning,
clear, cool and quiet. Took out my trusty test lamp (a
12 volt tail light electrical unit), disconnected the
headlights and started hooking 'em up.

Result:
With one line to ground and one line to hi/low
connections (at the headlight end of the circuit) bulb
lights appropriately when switched hi/lo. Each circuit
lights the bulb only when it is active. Does not light
up when one wire is hooked to high and one to low,
with no ground. Even high beam indicator works
appropriately, on hi beam only.

Switched over to multi-tester. Hi/lo terminals each
show 13 volts when switched on(left headlight is about
1/2 volt lower than right). Test between hi and lo
terminal, at headlight, shows 13v also? Huh?

Looks to me like power is leaking from hi circuit to
low circuit. Not enough to light the test bulb but
detectable with multi tester. If so; why would it
light up a headlight bulb if it does not light up a
test lamp. Both new bulbs?

Solution looks like running new wires for Hi and low
circuits.

cheers, bill b.
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com