Re: was size limits, now lights, again

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: was size limits, now lights, again
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:46:13 -0400
Oh, I don't know. I have all three of those books, plus Horler, and I still
have found myself contemplating something like a "Dummies" boor or more likely
a "FAQ". Seems like there are lots of gaps in the books and lots of "lore" that
we have as a community that would be nice to have in one spot. For example,
sometimes the manual might say something like "remove the frangled
combobulator" but doesn't really explain how that is done and it isn't readily
obvious. I've also encountered places where the manuals are just plain wrong -
my Haynes manual is totally screwed up where it comes to the wiring diagrams
for my '71. Or maybe you're told to use tool BR-549, but you don't have, nor
can you get, such a beast. What's the workaround? "We tight" solutions.
Substitutions for parts made of "unobtanium". Plain old better ways to do
things. You get the idea. ;-)

I do agree though that if someone is too cheap to buy at least one of the
"standard" manuals, they probably won't spring for a "supplement"! Though I've
thought about putting such a thing on the web - I've come across lots of good
tech info online, but an "official" FAQ pulling it all together might be really
handy.

Eddie
1971 Midget "Bebop"