Re: Kids

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Kids
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:47:06 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
> "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
 > This is why it's so important to get your kids, your
 > kid's kids, or the
 > neighborhood kids interested in our sport.

I tried this, I restored an LBC for both kids.
My son is into restoring old (1980 is old for him) VWs.
Like me, he buys parts cars and does weird things to them.
But they are the cars he knew or loved as a kid.
I like 60s british, he likes 80s german.
My old man liked 40s cars and would kil;l for a chopped and channeled 50
Merc today.
We are not into the cars our parents were into, and our kids will not be
into our cars. BUT at least my son is into cars. I can not condem him
for what he likes although I do bust on him every chance I get and vise
versa.
My daughter is into cars too. She replaces hers every 3-4 months.
she drives hard and does no maintainance until it's too late.
She does want to keep he A40 for a "toy" car when she gets married.
And if it sells, Dad will always make her a Sprite.

Let's face it, do any of us really want a Model T?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ