flushed...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: flushed...
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:58:40 -0700
Well gang, turns out my rough starting probalem on the Volvo was a blown
head gasket.  A small fracture between 2 and 3 was evident but boy are
those pistons clean now! I pulled the head today after finding the oil
contaminated with water yesterday. It was the color of very blond coffee.
Just my luck, I just changed the oil and filter last week.

I guess the good news is I don't think the head or the turbo housing is
cracked like a couple people speculated. I'll be taking the head to the
machine shop on Monday and hope for the best. I was surprised what good
condition the cylinders are in after about 130,000 miles.

Now that I've circulated this oil/water mixture thoughout the engine, I'm
looking for the best solution to flushing out the engine once I get it back
together. Motor flush...? let it drip dry for a few days...? Any
suggestions?

Gerard