Rambling LBC Stuff

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rambling LBC Stuff
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:54:48 -0400
I actually won an auction on eBay last week! I got a set of 4 brand new Kumho
145/13s mounted on Bugeye rims for $102.50. The guy who had them was in
Owensboro, Ky. I went down to Tennessee over the weekend and picked up the
wheels on the way (OK, not exactly on the way) home. Painted the rims today
and started cleaning up some old AH hubcaps that I had in the garage. I got
the wheels on the 78 and 3 out of 4 hubcaps on. The last one is gonna take
some significant elbow grease to get presentable.

The tires on the 78 were shot and the wheels need to be bead blasted and
repainted. I figure 145s will work OK until I get the Rostyles redone... Then
I'll have a great spare for the 78, one for the Bugeye and guess what? Bugeye
rims will fit on my trailer! Gotta get off of those 8" wheels...

I'll probably go with 165s or 175s when I get finished with the wheels. I like
some cantact patch whenever possible. If it wasn't for the SWAs, I would
probably get some real wide tires like the Bugeye has.

I ordered a manual choke conversion kit from He Who Cannot Be Named. Should be
here tomorrow. Get that installed and then get it tuned up! Can't wait to get
it squared away because driving it is fun.

I also told the guy that I bought the tires from about the list. His name is
Rick H. and he owns a Bugeye. Even has a Judson for it. My kinda guy! Go easy
on him if he joins up.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget