Re: Wire Wheel Removal

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Removal
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:22:01 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> I am trying to remove the wire wheels from the 65 Midget. They are
> frozen on the hub it seems.

Spray your favorite penetrating fluid on it and in the threads for several days
after removing the  knockoff.    When you can't stand it anymore, remove the
knockoff and drive around in circles in your yard for awhile.  If that doesn't
work, make sure you put the knockoff back on before you head for the liquor
store.  If you forget, I guarantee it will come off somewhere between your house
and the bottom of the freeway ramp.

Plan B- use the hot wrench method and repeat "A" above.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 528 (New census numbers)