Re: Question RE LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question RE LBC
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:35:12 EDT
In a message dated 08/22/2002 10:59:25 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
bcleary@awod.com writes:

> What name brand and octane do you
> all recommend??

Bev,

I'm partial to Sam's or Walmart because I subscribe to the gas is gas theory
and the freshest is the best.  Sam's Clubs around here are about 7-10 cents a
gallon cheaper than other stations and it must be fresh at the rate they are
sellling it.

I put the highest octane available, 91 around here in the Midget, because I
figure it can't hurt, might help, and the price difference is less that $1 a
tank.

For the Sam Walton haters on the list...when is the last time you even saw a
Mom and Pop gas station?  There's no such animal around here.

Robert B. Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03 Beetle

...   Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
  themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."

  - Winston Churchill