Re: Radiator Yet Again

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Radiator Yet Again
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net> wrote:
> Now, the question, will a 948 - 1098 down flow
> radiator effectively cool
> a 1275. My experience says NO!! What say the list,

Brad,
I have bone stock downflow radiators in both my Bugeye
with a hot 1275, and in my race car with an extremely
hot 948 (albeit the racecar has an oil cooler).  The
1275 lived in Florida for its first few thousand
miles, never ran anywhere near 190, always 165 - 185,
even in traffic.  It sees 95 degree days here in
Illinois, but it doesn't often sit in traffic.  It
gets hotter here a few days a year, but I usually
don't have the car out on those days.  Florida heat is
not as bad as Texas heat, but still mid 90's every
day.  Stock water pump, etc.  In the street car I run
a light mix of antifreeze and distilled water in the
summer (like 20/80) and 50/50 in the winter (yes, I
drive it in winter as long as the roads aren't
salted).  The racecar (which terrorized the
neighborhood today, BTW) runs 100% water.  My 1970
Midget lives in Florida, it runs near 200 all the time
with a crossflow.

=====
Ron Soave