Re: Oil Pressure Gague: Update

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Gague: Update
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:14:33 -0400
This was the case with my 1500.  The PO had decided that the oil pressure
was too high, so he ground down the relief valve spring.  Then decided the
pressure was too low so he put in a washer behind the spring. Unfortunately
when he ground down the spring, he did not cut off the last tail of the
grinding.  This broke off, and stuck in the relief valve holding it open.
(Thank God it stuck in the valve, can only imagine what that sharp little
piece of metal would have done in the engine.)

Brent
76 Midget