Brake Problem or Just Drum Brakes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g83FcNn28235
Subject: Brake Problem or Just Drum Brakes
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:38:15 -0400 .COM>
Question about my stock Bugeye:

Under semi-hard breaking my rear wheels tend to lock up first.  The
front tires have never locked up.  This leads me to believe that there
is a problem with my front brakes (and that I am leaving some braking
capability one the table).  I have spent some time debugging the front
brakes - checking them, bleeding them, etc.

While sitting in the office thinking about what to do next I had a
though - maybe this is characteristic of the weak front drums on the
early Sprites.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks, Mike