Re: Convertble Tops

To: Jean-François Gratton <jfgratton@w3m.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Convertble Tops
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:59:53 -0700
About 6 months ago I bought a cloth top from Little British Car Co.
www.lbcarco.com They were the only place on this side of the pond that had
tops listed with zip out rear windows.  The fabric quality was excellent.
It came unmarked, with no holes for the snaps or any fasteners in place.
I've installed a crown top, and a amco top, they both came well marked and
with the fasteners already installed.  Since the cloth top was more
expensive, and unmarked, I paid to have it installed.  The finished product
looks great, but the installer, who specializes in classic car upholstery
and tops cursed it no end.  The other draw back seems that the window
placement changes with the addition of the zipper, so I have yet to find a
way to fold it without seriously wrinkling the smaller side lights, and am
worried that they won't last as long.  With the rear window unzipped driving
around, the sound of the top at speed is very loud.  I probably would not
buy another.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino